The gamma control allows the optimization of brightness for display. LUCID implements Gamma using GenICam standard, that is
- X = New pixel value; 0 <= X <=1
- Y = Old pixel value; 0 <= Y <=1
- Gamma = Pixel intensity: 0.2 <= Gamma <= 2
Y in the Gamma formula is scaled down to [0-1] from original pixel range which results in a pixel range of [0-1] for X. As an example, for 12-bit pixel formats, this would mean scaling down pixel range from [0-4095] to [0-1] and for 16-bit pixel formats, this would mean scaling down pixel range from [0-65535] to [0-1].
The camera applies gamma correction values to the intensity of each pixel. In general, gamma values can be summarized as follows:
- Gamma = 1: brightness is unchanged.
- 1 <= Gamma <= 2: brightness decreases.
- 0.2 <= Gamma <= 1: brightness increases.